Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Zucchini with White Beans and Garlic Tomato Sauce


I needed an interesting but speedy dinner idea tonight so my brain hatched a new recipe. Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Zucchini with White Beans and Garlic Tomato Sauce was born today and it came out fast and delicious. 


Sometimes I just need to do something a little different.  Tonite was one of those nights. Hubby was stuck at work so it was my turn to cook.  My work schedule is much crazier so he cooks a lot but we are both good chefs. We have totally different styles though. 


This is what I did...Hope you like it too!  I  quartered 1.5lbs of  medium sized fingerling potatoes and roasted them in the oven with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, a 1/4 tsp of fresh black pepper and 1/2 rasp of crushed dried rosemary at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes until lightly browned. Meanwhile I chopped 3 garlic cloves and sautéed them in olive oil for 2 minutes until lightly browned. I did a few turns of the pepper mill. I added one medium onion chopped and sautéed for another 2 minutes. I added 3 medium sliced zucchini and sautéed on medium for 2 minutes. I added 8 oz canned crushed tomatoes with basil and cooked it until zucchini was tender. I added one can small white beans. Add the roasted potatoes and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and dinner is served. 

No comments: