Thursday, February 16, 2012

Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait

It is that time of year when we start to think about the potential for fewer fleece jackets and more shorts and even short minis!  After my last business meeting I needed to come up with some new snacks to satisfy those before-gym, late afternoon and after-dinner sweets cravings.  I came up with a great, quick new recipe to curb those hunger pangs, tame the sweet tooth and provide enough protein and energy for a boot camp workout.  Here you go:

one  5-6 oz container of fat free plain Greek yogurt (brand of your preference)
1 small apple, pear, banana or kiwi (again, your preference...you could choose another fruit too!)
cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons of instant or quick cooking oats
1 tiny packet of Sun Crystals (optional)

Chop up the fruit with knife or use food processor or hand blender.  Mix in oatmeal.  Sprinkle cinnamon liberally to taste on chopped fruit/oatmeal and mix well. If desired add Sun Crystals.  In alternating layers place yogurt, and chopped fruit/oatmeal.  Top with fruit.  Freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour for more ice cream like consistency. I like to tote it with me when I am working in one of those freezer cups and it stays cool all morning till I am ready to eat it.  Enjoy! 


No comments: