Saturday, August 11, 2012

#Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell Party


This past week I got a bunch of my friends together at my house for some exclusive previews and the premiere of #TotallyBiased with W. Kamau Bell. It is a new show on FX but surprisingly, W. Kamau Bell is not a new comedian.  He has been popular for a number of years out west and was recently connected with Chris Rock who produces the new show.  I think Chris Rock saw one of his shows and realized how funny W. Kamau Bell was and thought they could partner to put together a great comedy show on tv. The get together and the exclusive content I received to share was a result of my membership in Crowdtap.  How lucky can a girl get, right?  I love comedy, especially edgy stuff so this was a perfect match for me.  It was also a great reason to cook up some yummy snacks and share some wine and beer with friends.

Homemade Chocolate Chip Rice Krispy Treats

Since the show It was called Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell so you had to figure the show was based on all our biases that we have as diverse Americans.  It was not quite what we expected but it was really funny.  I was really careful in my invitations because I figured it might be kind of crazy, especially since it was a late night show.  It was not as edgy as I thought--but still very funny. Definitely different.  We thought he was trying to be a little more conservative especially for the first show.  Don't get me wrong, it was really funny I think we just thought it toed the line more than we thought that it would.  We enjoyed the jokes and his comments a lot.   

We all took turns playing comedian as a little party game which was hilarious.  Let's just say that some of us are funnier than others.  It is all about timing and Stacy was the winner.  Her prize was a bottle of wine.

If you are interested in joining Crowdtap, it is a fun way to learn about new and existing brands and get rewards like giftcards and other goodies for sharing with friends.  I have been a member for about a year and I love it.  You can join here.

No comments: