Saturday, December 15, 2012

Doc McStuffins Doctor Bag Set Review

I recently attended The Big Toy Book Biggest Day of Holiday Play #TBTBholiday in New York City.  One of the toys that caught my eye was part of the very popular Doc McStuffins series.  All of the little ones that I know in the pre-school and early elementary schools LOVE Doc McStuffins including my own little one!  This set is so adorable too.  It has tons of great doctor stuff for hours of pretend play:


  • Doctor's Bag
  • Sticker Sheet
  • Play Otoscope
  • Play Thermometer
  • Play Syringe
  • Play BP Cuff
  • Magical Light up Play Stethoscope
  • Play Bandage cuff


You should have seen my little when she saw this set.  She has always loved to play doctor so I knew it was going to be a hit.   She thought the pink sparkle and purple doctor's bag was the best ever...I have to say I thought it was pretty fashionable too. Maybe Doc McStuffins should start designing some REAL doctor's bags too--I bet they would sell better than iphone cases.  We all got our "flu shots" with the play syringe and then she made sure that my heart was still ticking...thank goodness it was!  She checked our ears and our blood pressure too---good thing my stress level was low that day! Later that afternoon she had a playdate and the kids were having a ball taking turns being Doc McStuffins and the "patient."  

I love these kinds of toys because they really encourage creative play.   We all want to seek out toys that encourage creative play instead of too much screen time but it can be a challenge sometimes.  This is an easy and fun way to promote good play time.  Another advantage to this set is that everything can be packed right up in the little sparkly pink and purple Doc McStuffins doctor bag and toted anywhere you like.  It requires 3 LR44 batteries that are included in the set (yay!!!). It is recommended for ages 3+.  I noticed that it did not have any small parts which is wonderful too. This would be a great car toy or restaurant toy for that very reason.  You can find it at ToysRUs, Target, FAO Schwartz and Kmart as well as other fine retailers of toys.


Disclaimer:  I received the item complimentary in order to provide a review.  As always, all my opinions are my own.

No comments: