Sunday, December 23, 2012

Quaker REAL MEDLEYS Summer Berry Oatmeal Review

@influenster #voxbox @Quaker #RealMedleys



Once again, Influenster has found me some new things to get excited about.  I received a new Quaker oatmeal the other day as part of my Holiday 2012 VoxBox. I was pretty surprised by the taste and texture of this new REAL MEDLEYS by Quaker. It’s radically different from most of the other ready-made oatmeal I tried before. The Summer Berry flavor included multi-grains, strawberries, raspberries, & blueberries. Quaker Real Medley’s come in four different flavors:  Apple Walnut, Summer Berry, Peach Almond and Cherry Pistachio.  They all sound pretty good to me, especially after being kind of impressed with the Summer Berry. All of the oatmeal varieties range from 250 -290 calories.  The ingredients are pretty simple and I like that they start with the oats and multi-grains. 


To cook you just add water and microwave for 45 seconds. I have to say though, I always add skim milk to my oatmeal instead of water. I think it adds more nutrition and bang for your buck. You could always sub soy milk or almond milk if you prefer too. Either way, you can’t get much easier than that! Quaker REAL MEDLEYS are tasty, satisfying and convenient.  I definitely think these are a great option for busy mornings. I love that you could eat them on the way to work if you commute by public transportation too. You can buy them for about $1.79 each which is pretty reasonable considering how convenient they are! I know they do cost more than a big container of oatmeal but you have to take into consideration the additional ingredients and pure convenience. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

Disclaimer:  I received product complimentary for testing purposes through Influenster.  As always, all opinions are my own.

No comments: