Sunday, April 7, 2013

Healthy Homemade Mini Meatballs

www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com
I decided to cook up a big batch of healthy meatballs this weekend. I always like to make a big tray and freeze the extras in smaller batches for busy weeknight meals.  We have two meat eaters and one vegetarian so this makes my life easier.  We all thought this recipe turned out super delicious--one of my best ever creations. Let me know what your think!
www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.comwww.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com

 Yummy Healthy Homemade Mini Meatballs

1 lb organic ground beef or turkey or chicken (dealers choice!)
1/2 cup Baby or regular carrots chopped up finely (food process is easiest)
1/2 cup fresh parsley bunch chopped finely
1 small to medium sweet or Vidalia type onion chopped finely
Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese grated  or chopped 1/2 cup
1/3 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup ground oat bran
1/3 cup Panko
2 eggs or eggbeaters
1 tsp dried oregano or more to taste
1 tsp dried basil or more to taste
Salt and pepper to taste


*(If you like you can throw the carrots, parsley, cheese, onion and flax seed all in the food processor together for speediness!)

www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com
Mix all ingredients together (clean hands do it the fastest!) if too dry add a bit more chopped vegetables if too mushy add more Panko. Form into one inch balls by rolling with hands.
www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com

 Put them on a big tray. I like to use parchment paper underneath to make cleanup easier. I  bake my meatballs first, rotating them on the pan halfway through cooking. After I place them in my sauce and cook them for a few more minutes to flavor the sauce.


www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com
Bake at 350 degrees rotating after 15 minutes.

Add them to your choice of homemade or jarred sauce and enjoy with spaghetti or on a grinder roll.  Enjoy!!
www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com
www.glamamamasgoodies.blogspot.com












No comments: