Friday, July 4, 2014

Hillshire Farm American Craft Sausages are perfect for your next get together #AmericanCraft @hillshirefarm #GotItFree

Disclosure: I received information and 3 free coupons to try Hillshire Farm American Craft Sausage through BzzAgent. My opinions are my own.


I recently had the opportunity to sample something yummy from Hillshire Farm. They are a company known for their quality meat and deli products but this is something totally new.  Hillshire Farm just came out with American Craft Sausage in 3 fun flavors. Who doesn't love grilled sausage in the summer and spring, fall and winter too? I love sausage all year long...in the winter I will just pull out my heavy duty grill pan which still works great.

They created three unique flavors to choose from: Smoky Bourbon, Jalapeno and Cheddar plus Garlic and Onion.  It was hard to choose because they all sounded delicious to me. I started with the Jalapeno and Cheddar. They are available exclusively at Walmart now so trot on over there and stock up your refrigerator.  These are perfect for your next party or get together.  It would also be nice to bring these to your next BBQ--what host wouldn't be thrilled about that? The ingredient list is below as well.

American Craft® JalapeƱo & Cheddar Ingredients: Pork, Water, Pasteurized Process Cheddar Cheeses [Cheddar Cheese ( Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes), Water, Cream, Sodium Phosphates, Salt, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Lactic Acid, Apo-Carotenal, Annatto, Beta Carotene (Color), Natamycin (a Natural Mold Inhibitor) ], Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Potassium Lactate, Natural Flavor, Dextrose, Cultured Celery Juice Powder, Potassium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Yeast Extract, Cherry Powder, Dehydrated Jalapeno. Hand-stuffed into Natural Pork Casing.Contains: Milk
My thoughts:  These tasted amazing! I used the Jalapeno and Cheddar American Craft Sausage as part of a quick recipe with sauteed kale and onions over some pasta and it was really delicious. It added just the right touch to the recipe to give it some zip.  I would definitely buy this again. My one thought....I like the cleaner ingredient list but it would be great if Hillshire Farm were able to make this product organic. That would make them a win-win in every way. I will buy these again though, they tasted great and I am excited to try the other flavors as well.




No comments: