Sunday, June 30, 2013

Surf Sweets All Natural Candies Review

Disclaimer:  I received samples of Surf Sweets through Naturally Savvy.  As always, my opinions are my own.

I was thrilled to hear that Naturally Savvy was partnering with Surf Sweets products to spread the word about how yummy they are.  I had happened upon them on my own last year some time at one of the Stop & Shop grocery stores. I had never seen them before but they caught my eye in the organic aisle by the candy.  Like everyone else, sometimes I enjoy something sweet but I really don't love all the artificial flavors and colors in many of the conventional candies out there.  I was impressed when I saw the ingredients and labeling for the Surf Sweets and I bought them a bunch of times since then.  


My favorites are the Surf Sweets gummy bears but my little one and I also enjoy their jelly beans. Lot of yummy flavors and no artificial flavors or colors to feel guilty about either.  I enjoy them when I am in the mood for a little treat.  I actually was thinking about Surf Sweets the other night when I was catching up on email at night (coincidentally before I even heard from Naturally Savvy about this opportunity) and took a peek on Amazon.  I was excited to see that Surf Sweets are available there too!  Excellent prices too...I think better than Stop & Shop too. I like that Surf Sweets has candy in larger packages but also single serve packages so you don't overdo it when you just want a little bit of a treat.  One of the things I really liked about all the varieties of Surf Sweets is that they are better kind of treat for you versus conventional candies since they have natural flavors and colors.

Surf Sweets  products are free of trans fats, GMOs, corn syrup, gluten, artificial colors and flavors. A better kind of candy, right?  Most of their products are vegetarian and some are even vegan. One of my babysitters has a severe nut allergy and is always looking for new things that she can safely eat. That is nice that it is good for someone looking for a nut-free candy for their child. Surf Sweets are produced in a nut-free facility that is free of other common allergens (wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts, shell fish, and fish).  These candies are perfect for lunch bags, after school, and really for anytime enjoyment!  

I noticed on their website that Surf Sweets contributes to 1% for the Planet. What this means is that they donate a minimum of 1% of the sales from each of their products to a bunch of worthy organizations.  A few they mentioned were Climate Cycle, Healthy Child Healthy World and EcoMom Alliance.  That is a nice added benefit of supporting this great company. To learn more, visit: Surf Sweets.

No comments: