Saturday, June 14, 2014

Ice Ball Mold Perfect for Summer Cocktails and Beverages #sphereicemold

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I was excited about using these StyloPhora ice balls for an upcoming party but I had to try them out right away. The product is designed for making large perfectly round ice balls to make great looking drinks for parties and also is great for whiskey drinkers.  I remember our big dog used to love playing with ice so StyloPhora suggested you could make these to put in your dog's bowl too...excellent to keep your pooch cool in the summer heat too. I don't have a dog but I do have parties and I entertain a lot so these are super for me.

The round silicone molds come in a pack of 3 and include a silicone funnel in the pack. StyloPhora packs these ice ball molds in a great clear tube packaging and they have easy to follow instructions. The funnel can be used to fill the molds without mess or spilling your choice of liquid, it is also very useful for other applications in the kitchen.  I found it easy to fill even without the funnel but if you are filling the molds with expensive whiskey I can see how the funnel would be a definite benefit.

The molds also have fill lines printed on them so that they can be easily filled with the correct amount of liquid.  As I said, the molds come in a big tube which is also great for storage when you are not using them. First of all you must wash them first with soap and water and the instructions suggest that as well. Fit the top onto the bottom (it is very easy) Fill them up with water directly from the faucet or you can use the enclosed funnel to fill them with a beverage of your choice. There is even a fill line where you can tell you need to stop. They freeze up super fast in a few hours and you just pop out these huge bigger than a golf ball ice balls. Perfect for a punch bowl or drink dispenser or even for whiskey or other cocktails. They are so huge they take a LONG time to melt. Very cool invention.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: