Saturday, June 28, 2014

Yoga Spinner from Upside Down Games Review #upsidedowngames

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I am always looking for games that let my daughter and her friends have fun and disconnect from the iPad and other electronics.  I am that strict mommy that doesn't really allow unfettered access to the electronics anyway.  Too much screen time turns kids into those lazybones! Even my daughter agrees with that one.  She loves to move and be active so we were both excited to hear about a new yoga game that combines the best of yoga with the fun of a board game. 

Yoga Spinner is a great game that gets moms, dads, Grammas and Grampas and kids moving and stretching. It has brightly colored, easy to read cards that direct you to complete a variety of easy yoga moves.  My mom is such a yogaphile she was all hopped up when she heard I got a yoga game.  She can't wait to show off her moves and why not? I told her she can play the next time she comes to visit or we will bring it with us when we come to her.  Meanwhile, I know you want to know all about it.

It is really easy to play and a great way to get stretched out. One person starts (I always let the youngest go first) by spinning the spinner. That player then draws a card from the pile of cards that matches where the spinner landed.  They must follow the instruction on the card.  Some of the cards have a yoga pose and others might be more crafty instructions like "steal a card," "lose a card," or even "all play."  All play is especially fun when Daddy joins the game.  I was not permitted to take a photo of Daddy but one was a classic that I wished you could see. We were amazed that he did it. All that running around on the field every week really paid off. That man is in good shape.  Okay, okay. The goal is to be the first to collect a card of each of the colors to win the game.  Sometimes it takes a bit depending on that crazy spinner.  

My daughter is looking forward to an upcoming sleepover party with 3 friends and even has a To-do List for the party.  Yoga Spinner is at the top of the game list.  She thinks her friends will enjoy playing it at the sleepover and I do too.  It is small enough to pack in a back for a vacation or weekend getaway too.  Yoga Spinner is a good option to get the kids eyes off the screens and get them moving around and active. 

Upside Down Games has actually created a line of  high-quality educational games like Yoga Spinner that help children establish life-long healthy habits based on physical exercise, intellectual activity, and social commitment. They do this through YOGA.

Their entire line of board games, card games, and spinner games is yoga-based and are perfect for the whole family. The games are the perfect combination of family game time and move-your-body time a perfect blend for those kids who just can’t sit still. The Upside Down Games line consists of five games that are all truly unique...there are no other yoga games out there!

For 2-4 players
Ages 6+
SRP $19.99

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: